I am a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin and have been a Registered Dietitian for 14 years. Prior to starting my practice, I worked at Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital in the Houston Medical Center. As one of only 60 board certified pediatric nutrition specialists in the state of Texas, I have counseled and assessed a wide range of patients from neonates to young adults and their parents. I am also the mother of two active young boys and understand the daily joys and struggles of parenthood. You want your children to thrive, grow and one day make healthy food choices on their own. I look forward to working with you and your family and guiding you to a healthier tomorrow!
*Please note, we are expecting baby boy #3 in June and my office will be closed to patients from June-August. During that time, please feel free to contact me via email if you'd like to set up an appointment after August. Louise@AnAppleADayNutrition.com*
- Registered and Licensed Dietitian
- Board Certified Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition (CSP)
- Board Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC)
- Food Allergy Specialist (by the ELL Foundation)
- My regular columns: "Nutritional Nuggets" and "What's In Season" for Green Child Magazine
- WebMD "Fiber Rich Snacks..." and "How to Promote Your Child's Digestive Health"
- "Nutritional Assessment for Special Needs" at SpecialNeeds.com
- Snackgirl "Healthy Eating Coach"
- Len Saunders' Your Health Journal site
- Healthy Houston Kids "Keeping Your Child Safe From Food Allergies"
- Blog For Family Dinner
- JHV: "Dietitian Helps Children Begin Healthy Lives"
- Houston Chronicle "10 Pounds Can Be 10 Too Many"
- Nutrition Expert on Dr. Oz's Sharecare
- Nutrition Expert on Around the Plate
- Nutrition Expert on Organized Wisdom